Evmos Mainnet v16.0.0 Upgrade
Deposit end time
Voting start time
Voting end time
Proposal #265 description
Malte Herrmann, Evmos Core Team
Software Upgrade Being Scheduled With This Proposal
If successful, this proposal will schedule an Evmos Mainnet software upgrade at block height 18,295,000 (estimated to be around 4PM UTC on Thu., January 11., 2023 based on the last 50,000 blocks) from its current version v15.0.0 to v16.0.0. This proposal has a voting time of 120 hours.
By proposing a scheduled upgrade, we want to implement a smooth and transparent upgrade process, that is first proposed on Testnet and then on Mainnet. Software upgrades generally aim to improve current performance and add new features to the Evmos chain. For more information on the types of upgrades, please visit our Software Upgrade Guide.
Evmos v16.0.0 contains the following enhancements:
- Enabled Stride and Osmosis outposts.
- Burn Usage Incentives Pool on upgrade and stop distributing minted tokens to it.
- Burn Cosmos transaction fees.
- Reduce inflation by 2/3 and rename the module to v1.
- Removed the claims, incentives and recovery modules.
- Restricting the tokens that are passed for transaction fees.
- Add commands in Makefile for building binary with rocksDB and pebbleDB.
- Many other improvements and bug fixes.
A full changelog can be found here.
The Evmos core team created an End-to-End testing suite that performs the software upgrade locally. These tests have been completed successfully for this upgrade. The instructions on how to run the End-to-End testing suite can be found here. Additionally, the upgrade has been manually performed locally.